Public tours: We are running from mid-Jan 2022. You can book by using the calendar widget on this page or if you have flexible dates you can sign up to our waitlist.
Private tours: If you are after a private tour, head over to our build your own tour page to find out more and request a quote.
This is the ultimate beer lovers day out, cruising Melbourne’s most awarded and innovative urban breweries. The sky is the limit on what we may drink on this tour: refreshing summer ales, crisp sessionable lagers, chocolate, vanilla, coffee, toffee and bacon flavoured ales, plus don’t forget the fruit-infused, barrel-aged and experimental single batch brews. We like to find the most passionate brewers in Melbourne so you can experience the best venues making the best products in town. This is a 3-stop tour with massive tastings, hearty brewpub food and complimentary drinks.
$165pp. This includes everything, please leave your wallet at home. You can book by using the calendar widget on this page or if you have flexible dates you can sign up to our waitlist.
(All outstanding gift cards that expired after January 2020 have had 2 years added to them).
If you have somehow made it to here but want a private tour we can create one for you.
What is included?
- Visit 3 breweries.
- Public tours run with groups between 8-13 guests.
- Brewpub style main meal (lunch or dinner): burgers, pizza, fish and chips, parmas, pastas, steaks and other pub classics – we can cater to vegan, vego and most other dietary requirements.
- Tour at day or night.
- Very generous tastings and complimentary drinks.
- Wine, spirits and cider available for the non-beer drinkers.
- Professional tour guide.
- We provide sunscreen and bottled water on every tour.
- Private tour options available for groups between 2 and 100+ people.
- GST (10%), banking fees and merchant fees (3%) plus booking system fees (6%) are all included in the price.
What isn't included?
- There is no need for tips and gratuities as we pay our guides well and it is not an Australian custom – it is always appreciated though if your guide does a great job.
- Merchandise and an array of takeaway food and drink can be purchased on tour. If you are keen to top-up your home bar, bring some cash!
- Some public holidays and the likes cop a surcharge. You will see it as you go to book the tour. We apologise but it costs more to operate those days.
What do I need to bring?
- An extraordinary, devil-may-care attitude!
- Your dancing shoes and your singing voice.
- We request that all participants bring a face mask.
- We provide hand-sanitiser.
- We provide bottled water, however it’s also cool to bring your own drink bottle.
Our public tours of mixed random groups run with between 8-13 guests. These are a great option if you are travelling solo or in a small group and want to have a ton of laughs with some new friends. They are our favourite tours as we meet people from all over the world, keen to have a good time.
If you are flexible with dates we have a waitlist, which has been a great way for us to fill tours whilst tourism numbers are down. You can book directly by using the calendar on this page, or you join our waitlist.
For private tour options please head over to our private tours page and you can request for us to build you some example itineraries. Private tours are completely bespoke and designed differently from our public tours as each one takes into account the specific requirements of that group – pick-up, venues, occasion, number of people, etc. We have over 90 different venue and activity partners and can tour all over Victoria for groups of 2 to 100+.
Private tours start from $185pp on weekdays and $225pp on Saturdays.
Times & pickups
- Thursday night tours start 6:30pm (ending at ~11pm).
- Our Sunday sessions start at 12:30pm (~6:30pm).
We pickup in central Melbourne, 12 Russell Street, one block from Flinders Street station and 2 doors up from the Duke of Wellington. If you are after a hotel pick-up, please contact us and we will organise this for you.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Our tours are about generous tastings followed by soaking up the atmosphere of each venue with a glass of your new favourite drink in hand.
We have always run small group tours, so we can cruise around at our own pace. It’s time to leave for our next destination when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
- The Likely Suspects: Moon Dog World; Temple Brewery (food); Bodriggy (food); Burnley Brewery (food).
- Possible: Moon Dog OG; Two Birds Brewery; Crafty Squire; Stomping Ground. Brogans Way Distillery.
- New: We are always adding new venues and swapping up our tour itineraries.
Food is usually first up on this tour so there is no need to eat before hand. Feel free to have a drink or two as you meetup before your tour, however, we are generous and there is no need to pre-game.
We can cater for vegetarians, vegans and most dietary and allergy needs. Drop us a line if your requirements are very specific. The following is an example of a menu from this tour, from Temple Brewery. Please note we may also eat at Stomping Ground, Burnley, etc:
- caponata salad: with eggplant, capsicum, red onion, cherry tomato, garlic, mixed leaf and balsamic vinegar (vg, gf).
- loaded nachos: with beef mince, cheese, guacamole, pico de galo, guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos (gf).
- vegan loaded nachos: with beans mince, cheese, guacamole, pico de galo, guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos (gf, vg).
- rump cap steak: with chimichurri, salad, pickled cucumber, marinated palm hearts, fries and aioli.
- angus burger: with angus beef patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles and burger sauce.
- fried chicken burger: with cumin, paprika, slaw, cheese, chimichurri and tomato relish.
- mushroom & haloumi burger: with rocket, green sauce and pickles (v).
- picanha (rump cap) steak sandwich: with provoloni, house-made tomato relish and house-made pickles.
Basically food is plentiful and great quality.
Terms and conditions
Aussie Brewery Tours will always act professionally and be fair and transparent with all of our business dealings. We have the correct insurances and licences to operate. On tour, we want you to drink as much as you want, sing, laugh, dance and be merry, but please, please don’t be a d!ckhead! Below is some extra information regarding fees, taxes, bank charges, legal conditions, cancellation policies, how much our lawyer charges us, insurances, licences, charity donations and how not to be a d!ckhead please continue…
Private tours: To lock in a tour we require a 30% deposit with the balance and final numbers due a week before the tour.
Public tours: You will have the choice during checkout to pay 30%, with the balance due on the day (cash) or 100% of the tour.
- Our secure payment facility accepts Mastercard, Visa and American Express (Paypal coming soon).
- All prices include a 6% booking fee, 3% merchant fee and 10% goods and services tax (GST).
- Online agents (Red Ballon, Adrenaline, Viator, Tripadvisor, Expedia, etc) take between 25-35% commission to take your booking. That money is better off as value-added into your tour. Booking direct with us will allow us to always give you the best customer service, the best refund policies and add more value to each tour including more inclusions and free pickups.
Public event cancellation or rebooking (changing date) policy is:
- Between 0 and 48 hours from the event, 45% refund.
- Between 48 hours and 4 days from the event, 80% refund.
- Greater than 4 days – full refund minus any accrued bank/booking/merchant fees and charges.
- All public events require a minimum number to run. If we do not meet the minimum number of participants, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. In the event we cancel a booking, we will issue you a full refund or reissue and extension of gift cards.
Private event cancellation or changes:
- Pricing for private events can be both per person and include one-off charges and fees for some services.
- A minimum number of people is required for a private event to run, which will be the lowest number quoted. The minimum payment for a private event is the total of this minimum number of attendees.
- The following cancellation policy applies:
- Between 0-7 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Between 7-14 days, 50% refund.
- Beyond 14 days it will be refunded in full minus and fees, deposits or other monies paid to third parties for this tour that cannot be recovered.
- The total payment is required no later than 7 days before the event. If the balance is not supplied within this time frame we have the right to cancel the event without issuing a refund.
We always reserve the right to pass on any fees, deposits or other monies paid to third parties for this tour that cannot be recovered because of tour cancellations.
COVID-19 didn’t really change how we operate. We always work hard to ensure every tour and event we run is exceptional, safe, hygienic, and we work with the best venues in the country, each one operating to a very high standard. We will always refund you if government restrictions limit our ability to operate legally and safely and we will always be sensible, well-trained and well-informed of our obligations as your hosts.
- If you contact us greater than 24 hours of the tour starting with symptoms, we will refund you in full – nobody likes sick people and I don’t care how cool you are, yuck!
- If you cancel within 24 hours we will issue a 65% refund.
- We would refund you in full if we receive evidence that your group or the larger portion of the group has been placed in quarantine – and also send you and your friends a few cases of beer for quarantine!
- For individuals within the tour, we would also refund them if they tested positive to COVID19 or showed symptoms with and contacted us within no later than 12 hours from the event (within 12 hours no refund will be applied).
- All gift cards will be extended by a year (as if 2020 didn’t exist).
- We have increased our prices post-COVID due to a massive increase in the cost of operating. We will address this change in price on a case by case basis.
We are following the advice of:
- The Department of Health and Human Services and Business Victoria.
- Transport Safety Victoria.
- Victorian Tourism Industry Council.
More COVID info here.
- Take into consideration what you might get up to on-tour and post-tour when you get dressed in the morning. And don’t forget to…
- Check above if there is a product specific dress code (this will usually be when there is an activity).
- You can wear your dress thongs, but because it requires shoes to enter certain areas of some venues (eg the brewery floor), we highly recommend wearing shoes. This brings us to the next item…
- To be honest, we don’t care what you wear, however, some venues we visit might. Singlets (on guys) or offensive clothing might mean you’re refused entry at some venues, so stick to sleeves and civility. Which brings us nicely too…
- We operate rain, hail or shine. Most venues have indoor and outdoor areas and we use each appropriately, but please take the weather into consideration and dress like a local. Remember, Melbourne has 4 seasons most days!
Our job is exceptionally fun. We get to hang out with people whilst they on holidays, travelling the world, hanging out with mates or celebrating something special. It goes without saying that anti-social behaviour just won’t be tolerated. Be fun, be friendly, be exceptional and respect everyone around you.
We do not allow drinking on the bus in the morning. We believe this is a tactic used by inferior companies who need you drinking on the bus because they don’t supply drinks in the venues. We will keep you well hydrated and enjoying the best venues around by minimising your time sitting around a bus drinking tins. On the way home, well, that is technically illegal, but our guides are usually busy watching the road.
Antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated, and we will ensure that you are removed from society if you display any…
- We enjoy a few shenanigans as much as the next person; we take people cruising around drinking for a living. We are yet to have any unacceptable behaviour on tour, however, on behalf of our brewery and venue partners, we ask that you behave in an appropriate and respectful manner throughout your event.
- All our venues adhere to Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA) laws. If you are asked to leave a venue for inappropriate behaviour, the tour is over.